Any agreement relating to confidential or proprietary data should be legally structured as a contract between the president and fellows of Harvard College (“Harvard”) and the supplier or beneficiary, and verified and signed by a licensed Harvard signatory in the Office for Sponsored Programs (“OSP”) for university schools. the Office of Research Administration (“ORA”) at the Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health or the Office of Research Administration (“ORA”) at Harvard Medical School (jointly the Negotiating Office (s)). DUAs cannot be signed by higher education faculties or staff if institutional authorization is not established by the relevant bargaining office. To obtain data from third parties, Harvard researchers should follow the steps described here (and go further in the DUA Job Aids: Not all data exchanges require a DUA, but many outbound records require certain restrictions to prevent the data from being used inappropriately or illegally. For example, data originally provided by third parties or held by a third party, identifiable data, data from human research, and data protected by federal or international rules (e.g. B, FERPA, HIPAA, RGPD), would require a DUA. If you are not sure that an AAU is useful or necessary to properly protect the use of your data, please contact your local trading office. Many datasets require a data usage agreement that must be retained at Harvard and must meet the requirements and duration of this agreement.

This should be concluded before this data is transmitted to the FASRC group. Before data that is considered confidential, proprietary or confidential can be stored in the FASRC group, it must be properly classified and all data usage agreements must be available and available. Data transfer between organizations is common in the research community. When the data is considered confidential, proprietary or otherwise confidential, the organization that provides the data (“provider”) often requires the organization receiving the data (“recipient”) to submit a written contract to outline the terms of the data transmission. Such a contract is generally referred to as the Data Use Agreement (AEA), but can also be characterized as a licensing agreement, confidentiality agreement, confidentiality agreement, memorandum of understanding, agreement or other names when these agreements contain data sharing or transfer requirements. The use of materials includes, but is not limited to the display of parts or the complete contents of materials; Comparing material data or content with data or content in other materials; Reviewing research results with the content of materials; extracting and/or appropriation of some of the content content contained in materials for use in other projects, publications, research or other related work products. Visit the Harvard Research Management website for more information on what a DUA is and the application process: To submit, manage and verify UEA applications, use Harvard`s DUA Agreements System If you collect or use data from humans or animals, you should first contact the Institutional Review Board (IRB) and/or institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC).