Convergence editor mixing print, online, multimedia and social media into a cohesive package.
SKILLS IN BRIEF
Web Design: Adobe Captivate Adobe Dreamweaver, Adobe Flash, DNN/Evoq, Drupal CMS, Google Analytics, Google AdWords, HTML and CSS, WordPress
Graphic Design: Adobe InDesign, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, CorelDraw
Editing: Adobe Acrobat Pro, Apple iWork Suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Powerpoint, Excel)
Social Media Marketing: Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Tumblr, Twitter, WordPress, YouTube
Photography: Adobe Premiere Pro, Apple Final Cut Pro, Apple iMovie, Canon SLR, Nikon SLR, PTGui
Platforms: Windows PC and Macintosh
Archdiocese of St. Louis, St. Louis, Mo.
Interactive Media Specialist
- Management of all archstl.org website content and databases. Optimized 11,000 pages down to 2,500. Average monthly pageviews: 260,000 from 56,000 users.
- Redesigned intranet platform (Louie) for archdiocese employees and clergy.
- Ownership of social media accounts for the archdiocese (@archstl on Facebook and Twitter, @catholicstl on Instagram, archstlmedia on youTube) and archbishop (@abp_carlson on Facebook and Twitter). Designed and scheduled daily content, implemented standards and crisis plans, networked with offices and agencies for content production, produced ad campaigns and compiled monthly analytic reports. Routinely ranked top three diocesan social media accounts nationally based on engagement and followers. Increased avg weekly engagement by 535% over 2 years.
- Project management of multi-year campaigns and initiatives, from preliminary development to branding, materials production, and continued support.
- Arranged and produced live stream and recorded videos of events and special Masses.
- Online and social media monitoring and advisory role for 20 offices and agencies.
- Monthly web communications training workshops for employees and volunteers across the region. Transitioned workshops into online tutorials for accessibility. Direct supervision of office interns’ career development and project management.
- Designed logos and graphics standards for parishes, offices, agencies, and programs.
Saint Louis University, St. Louis, Mo.
Web & Media Coordinator, Student Development
- Management and supervision of 1,500 Student Development web pages on www.slu.edu, including design, editorial, multimedia and SEO analytics. Average traffic increased by seven percent annually.
- Designed a new universal aesthetic for division webpages, including banners, interchangeable button components, and social media integration. Developed multimedia components, including eLearning tutorials via Adobe Captivate, 360-degree photography virtual tours, forms and slideshows.
- Advisor of The University News weekly student newspaper and the Student Media Production Team. Responsibilities included management of a $79,000 annual budget, professional development and training classes for editorial and advertising staff. Recruited a ten-person advisory board. Instigated the digitalization of 90 years of printed material for historic preservation.
- Created and maintained Facebook, twitter and WordPress blog accounts for the division, including daily content and audience interaction. Advised on social media guidelines and best practices for additional department social media interfaces. Average audience increase of more than 31 percent per year.
- Awards: 2013 and 2014 MCMA advisor of the year runner up. 2013 SLU Phil Lyons Outstanding Staff Advisor Award nomination.
Barnes-Jewish Hospital, St. Louis, Mo.
Managing Editor, Marketing/Publications
- Controlled the production, editorial content, design and publishing of Innovate (community magazine, 400,000 circ.), Innovate Physician (physician relations magazine, 273,000 circ.) and Neighborhood News (neighborhood newsletter, 10,000 circ.).
- Initiated and cultivated the inclusion of web content, social media, multimedia and electronic newsletters into all print productions, raising readership and hospital recognition statistics.
- Led a developmental team to redesign the hospital foundation’s main external publication, BJHF Giving magazine (formerly Cornerstones), which helped increase hospital donations by $92,000 within one year.
- Advised on the initial design, creative structure and continuing editorial content of GSN Nursing Excellence, BJWCH Focus, Innovate Otolaryngology, BJHF Giving and multiple marketing campaigns.
- Implemented production schedules, editorial meetings and approval processes utilized by the entire communications department, improving efficiency and administrative satisfaction.
- Awards: 2009 and 2010 MAP Ranly Awards, including best writing entire issue, best design entire issue, best single written article and best cover. 2010 Silver Aster Award for magazine publication single issue. 2010 MHA Silver Show-Me Excellence Award for printed external magazine.
Beijing Organizing Committee for the Olympic Games, Beijing, China
Olympic/Paralympic Staff Reporter
- Interviewed athletes and coaches from various countries to obtain Olympic News Service quotes, articles and information distributed worldwide.
- Produced a blog syndicated through multiple news websites across the globe.
VoxMagazine.com, Columbia, Mo.
- Worked with 24 editors for weekly editorial content.
- Supervised the uploading and design of weekly production.
- Designed multimedia packages, slideshows, video and flash content.
Arts Online Editor
- Developed and pitched features, weekly anchors and mixed-media concepts for the Arts department.
- Micro- and macro-edited for publication both online and in print.
- Assisted in weekly design, editorial production and online uploading.
Columbia Business Times Company, Columbia, Mo.
- Compiled weekly calendars and business indexes.
- Reported articles for the Columbia Business Times, Jefferson City Business Times and Columbia Home and Lifestyle magazines.
Columbia Missourian, Columbia, Mo.
- Wrote a variety of entertainment news and science stories for the Columbia Missourian and Vox Magazine.
- Tended to community issues while working the City Desk.
Central Aussie Rescue & Support, St. Louis, Mo.
Australian Shepherd Rescue Midwest, St. Louis, Mo.
Regional Coordinator and Web Manager
- Supervision of canine foster homes, adoption review, supply distribution and transport services over a three-state area.
- Daily management of Facebook, Petfinder and Adopt-A-Pet accounts. Facebook followers increased from 1,000 to 3,000 in less than a year.
- Planned and executed regional events and booths at expos to promote the organization.
- Designed marketing and fundraising merchandise, including shirts and a calendar, which raised more than $3,000 for the rescue.
Additional Community Service
- Canine foster home and foster mentor for Stray Rescue of St Louis since 2011, specializing in the rehabilitation of shy and feral dogs. Also foster home and transporter for various other rescue networks, including 4 Paws 4 Rescue.
- Volunteer photographer, graphic designer and artist for Stray Rescue of St. Louis, producing apparel, advertisements, slideshows, flyers to promote adoptable animals, and sculptures showcased in their annual art fundraiser.
- Volunteer photographer for All Saints Parish in St. Peters, Mo., and the St. Louis Catholic Committee on Scouting.
Master of Arts in Journalism
Magazine editing core – University of Missouri-Columbia
Additional graduate work in multimedia and online journalism
Pending completion of thesis
Bachelor of Journalism
Magazine emphasis – University of Missouri-Columbia
Minor in biological sciences
Associate of Science
Missouri Academy of Science, Mathematics and Computing – Northwest Missouri State University
Dual associate degree and high school diploma program